Effective as of August 1, 2020.
- through our website at www.cleverbooster.com and all its apps + subdomains (the “Site”);
- about users of the CleverBooster service (the “Service”);
- in connection with our marketing activities;
- at events we host; and
- CleverBooster’s Service and Customer Data
- Personal Information We Collect
- How We Use Your Personal Information
- How We Share your Personal Information
- Your Choices
- International Data Use
- Third Party Sites and Services
- Organization-Administered Accounts
- Contact Us
CleverBooster’s Service and Customer Data
Registered users of the Service (“Customers”) are businesses that use it to collect and manage information about their own users (“Customer Data”), including information about how they interact with the Customer’s websites, applications, services and designated third-party partners (“Customer Services”). Customers also use the Service to more efficiently route Customer Data to the other services that they use or to third parties that they work with, and to control how Customer Data is exchanged between these services and third parties.
Personal Information We Collect
Information you give us.
Personal information that you may provide through the Service or otherwise includes:
- Contact information, such as your first name, last name, professional title, organizational affiliation, postal address, office location, email address and telephone number;
- Communications, such as information you provide when you respond to surveys, participate in market research activities, participate in telephone conferences with our representatives (which may be recorded with your permission where permitted by law); report a problem with Service, receive customer support or otherwise communicate with us;
- Marketing information, such as your preferences for receiving marketing communications and details about how you engage with them; and
Information from third party sources.
We may combine personal information we receive from you with personal information we obtain from other sources, such as our Customers; data providers; affiliates within our corporate group of companies; business partners, such as joint marketing partners and event co-sponsors; and publicly accessible sources, such as social media platforms.
Data collected automatically.
We, our service providers, and our business partners may automatically log the following information about you, your computer or mobile device, and your activity over time on the Site and other online services:
- Device data, such as your computer or mobile device operating system type and version number, manufacturer and model, browser type, screen resolution, IP address, unique identifiers, and general location information such as city or town.
- Usage data, such as the website you visited before browsing to the Site, pages or screens you viewed, how long you spent on a page or screen, navigation paths between pages or screens, information about your activity on a page or screen, access times, and duration of access.
Some of our automatic collection is facilitated by:
- Cookies, which are text files stored on a visitor’s device to uniquely identify the visitor’s browser or to store information or settings in the browser for the purpose of helping you navigate between pages efficiently and remembering your preferences, enabling functionality, helping us understand user activity and patterns, facilitating online advertising and measuring the effectiveness of our ads.
- Web beacons, also known as pixel tags or clear GIFs, which are typically used to demonstrate that a webpage or email was accessed or opened, or that certain content within it was viewed or clicked, typically to compile statistics about usage of websites and the success of marketing campaigns.
For more information about the use of these technologies on the Site, see our Website Data Collection Policy.
Sensitive personal information.
Changes to your personal information.
It is important that the personal information we hold about you is accurate and current. Please let us know if your personal information changes during your relationship with us by updating your registration profile or emailing us at [email protected]
How We Use Your Personal Information
We use your personal information for the following purposes or as otherwise described to you at the time of collection:
We use your personal information to:
- provide, operate, maintain, and improve the Service;
- communicate with you regarding the Service if you are a Customer, including by sending you Service announcements, technical notices, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages;
- process your Service subscription transactions and process your related payments:
- understand your needs and interests, and personalize your experience with the Service; and
- provide support for the Service and respond to your requests, questions and feedback.
We use your personal information to:
- provide, operate, maintain and improve the Site;
- understand your needs and interests, and personalize your experience with the Site; and
- provide support for the Site and respond to your requests, questions and feedback.
Research and development.
We may use your personal information for research and development purposes, including to analyze and improve the Service and our business and develop other products and services. As part of these activities, we may create aggregated, de-identified or other anonymous data from personal information we collect. We make personal information into anonymous data by removing information that makes the data personally identifiable to you. We may use this anonymous data and share it with third parties for our lawful business purposes, including to analyze and improve the Service and promote our business.
We and our third party advertising partners may collect and use your personal information for marketing and advertising purposes:
- Direct marketing. If you request information from us, use the Service or participate in our surveys, promotions or events, we may send you CleverBooster-related marketing communications as permitted by law but will provide you with the ability to opt out.
Compliance and protection.
We may use your personal information to:
- protect our, your or others’ rights, privacy, safety or property (including by making and defending legal claims);
- audit our internal processes for compliance with legal and contractual requirements and internal policies;
- enforce our Terms of Service;
- protect, investigate and deter against fraudulent, harmful, unauthorized, unethical or illegal activity, including cyberattacks and identity theft; and
- comply with applicable laws, lawful requests and legal process, such as to respond to subpoenas or requests from government authorities.
Other purposes with your consent.
In some cases we will ask for your consent to collect, use or share your personal information for other purposes. For example, we may ask for your consent to send you marketing emails where required by law or to post your testimonial or endorsement.
How We Share your Personal Information
- Advertising partners. We work with third party advertising companies that collect information about your activity on the Site and other online services to help us advertise our services (including, through interest-based advertising), and/or use hashed customer lists that we share with them to deliver ads to them and similar users on their platforms.
- Customers. When you have an organization-administered account your organization can access your information as described in the Organization-Administered Accounts section below.
- Professional advisors. We may disclose your personal information to professional advisors, such as lawyers, bankers, auditors and insurers, where necessary in the course of the professional services they render to us.
- Compliance and protection. We may disclose your personal information as we believe appropriate to government or law enforcement officials or private parties (a) for the compliance and protection purposes described above; (b) as required by law, lawful requests or legal process, such as to respond to subpoenas or requests from government authorities; (c) where permitted by law in connection with any legal investigation; and (d) to prosecute or defend legal claims.
Access, Update, Correct or Delete Your Information.
Customers may review, update, correct or delete the personal information in their registration profile by logging into their account or emailing us at [email protected]
Access to Data Controlled by our Customers.
CleverBooster has no direct relationship with the individuals whose personal information is contained within the Customer Data processed by the Service. An individual who seeks to access, correct or delete this information should direct their request the Customer.
You may opt out of marketing-related emails by logging in and changing your account settings or by following the opt-out prompt in the email. You may continue to receive Service-related and other non-marketing emails.
If you gave us consent to post a testimonial to our site, but wish to update or delete it, please contact us.
You may opt-out of certain cookie-based tracking activities on our Site in our Website Data Collection Preferences center. Additionally, most browsers let you remove and/or stop accepting cookies from the websites you visit. To do this, follow the instructions in your browser’s settings. Many browsers accept cookies by default until you change your settings. If you do not accept cookies, however, you may not be able to use all functionality of the Service and our Site may not work properly. For more information about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set on your browser and how to manage and delete them, visit www.allaboutcookies.org.
You can opt-out of data collection through our Site for interest-based advertising purposes in our Website Data Collection Preferences center. You can also limit use of your information for interest-based advertising by:
- Browser settings. Blocking third party cookies in your browser settings using or ad-blocking browser plug-ins/extensions.
- Mobile device settings. Using your mobile device settings to limit use of the advertising ID associated with your mobile device for interest-based advertising purposes.
- Platform settings. Using Google’s and Facebook’s interest-based advertising opt-out features:
- Google: https://adssettings.google.com/
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/about/ads
- Ad industry tools. Opting out of interest-based ads from companies participating in the following industry opt-out programs:
- Network Advertising Initiative: http://www.networkadvertising.org/managing/opt_out.asp
- European Interactive Digital Advertising Alliance (for European users): http://www.youronlinechoices.eu/
- Digital Advertising Alliance:
- optout.aboutads.info, which lets you opt-out of interest-based ads on websites.
- AppChoices mobile app, available at https://www.youradchoices.com/appchoices, which lets you opt-out of interest-based ads in mobile apps.
The opt-out preferences described above must be set on each device for which you want them to apply. Not all companies that serve interest-based ads participate in the ad industry opt-out programs described above, so even after opting-out, you may still receive some cookies and interest-based ads from other companies. If you opt-out of interest-based advertisements, you will still see advertisements online but they may be less relevant to you.
Do Not Track.
Some Internet browsers may be configured to send “Do Not Track” signals to the online services that you visit. We currently do not respond to “Do Not Track” or similar signals. To find out more about “Do Not Track,” please visit http://www.allaboutdnt.com.
Declining to provide your personal information.
If you do not provide information indicated as required or mandatory within the Service, or that is otherwise necessary to provide a requested service or feature within the Service, that portion or all of the Service may be unavailable to you and we may deactivate your account.
The security of your personal information important to us. We take a number of organizational, technical and physical measures designed to protect the personal information we collect, both during transmission and once we receive it. However, no security safeguards are 100% secure and we cannot guarantee the security of your information.
International Data Use
CleverBooster is headquartered in the United States and has affiliates and service providers in other countries, and your personal information may be collected, used and stored in the United States or other locations outside of your home country. Privacy laws in the locations where we handle your personal information may not be as protective as the privacy laws in your home country.
Individuals in the European Economic Area should read the important information provided here about the transfer of personal information outside of the European Economic Area.
Third Party Sites and Services
The Service may contain links to other websites and services operated by third parties, such as social media platforms, advertising services and other websites and applications. These links are not an endorsement of, or representation that we are affiliated with, any third party. We do not control third party websites, applications or services, and are not responsible for their actions. Other websites and services follow different rules regarding their collection, use and disclosure of your personal information. We encourage you to read their privacy policies to learn more.
The Service is not directed at, and CleverBooster does not knowingly acquire or receive personal information from, children under the age of 16. If we learn that any user of the Service is under the age of 16, we will take appropriate steps to delete that individual’s personal information and restrict that individual from future access to the Service.
Where the Service is provided to you through your employer or another organization, please note that your organization’s administrator may be able to:
- require you to reset your account password;
- restrict, suspend or terminate your access to the Service;
- access and retain information in and about your account;
- access or retain information stored as part of your account;
- change the email address associated with your account;
- change your information, including profile information; and
- restrict your ability to edit, restrict, modify or delete information.
Please contact your organization or refer to your administrator’s organizational policies for more information.
Email: [email protected]